What do you want in a baby monitor in Charleston?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was quite basic. You put a a device with a built-in microphone in close proximity to your child’s bed, transmitting sound to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Thankfully, baby monitors now have more options. To illustrate, many monitors now offer clear HD video capability and two-way talk. You may even link your monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you can move around throughout your home. The top baby monitors in Charleston are so advanced that they resemble interior surveillance systems in both features and price.
Can you replace your baby monitor for a home security camera?
Since baby monitors and surveillance systems incorporate similar capabilities, there are quite a few parents in Charleston connecting their nursery to their home security system. It’s a smart approach -- especially if you have to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:
● Night vision video: Your security camera should include 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared LED technology for night vision.
● 2-way communications: Now you don’t need to go to the nursery to soothe your newborn back to a restful state. A comforting word could be the only thing needed to keep your little one sleeping.
● Motion sensors: Even though it’s an option to have your camera stay on constantly to watch your baby sleep, your own alertness might begin to waver. Conversely, if your security camera detects unexpected movements, you can configure it to deliver a text alert to your mobile device. Perfect when your adventurous newborn silently tries to climb up the crib or when your family dog sneaks into the room.
● Recording capabilities: The majority of baby monitors don’t record video footage. Now you have the ability to send a brief sample to friends or family members to allow them a glimpse of what a peaceful, precious baby you have.
● Smartphone access: Instead of carrying an external monitor around, you can view your child from a simple smartphone app. You could even check in on your tot and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have a night out.