If you’re like most residents, you need your house to be protected all the time. but, does a home security system work in Charleston?
The easy answer: affirmative. But you have to have the best components and services to get the most from your home security. Not only can the sensors and alarms bring excellent protection, the advanced devices has a level of efficiency and control you might not have thought about previously. By using automation, video surveillance, and remote access through a smartphone app, you can create a secure smart home.
Let's pause a second and see why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is a great idea for your property.
Indispensable Security Features
In order to ensure your Charleston home security system works to its potential, you need these essential home security devices:
- Door and window sensors: You may find this unusual, but most intruders break into your home by the front door. The other most recurrent targets are back doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these reasons, entryway sensors are designated the base of your security system. When the security system is activated and your door or window sensors are disturbed, the unmistakable, high-decibel siren will sound and your 24-hour monitoring professionals will be pinged.
- Touchscreen smart hub: Gone are the confusing number pads, as modern touchpads now run your entire system. These touch screens can also manage your smart home components, cameras, and monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The topmost home security system let you manage every part of your home security through a smartphone app. Now if an alarm or sensor senses something unusual, you have the option to get a pop-up notification to your smartphone. Also, disarm and arm your motion alarms anywhere, set smart door locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- Security yard signs and window decals: While there is no technology in a yard sign or a window decal, they do warn a would-be thief that your home is safeguarded.
Will A Home Security System Protect Your House In Charleston?
While it could appear like pearl-clutching to get sensors installed and set-up a smartphone app when you already use deadbolts and chose a nice neighborhood, studies say that a security system will help guard your home. For example, a paper from Rutger University says that many thieves will actively steer clear of homes with a security system installed. Instead they’ll look to hit a better mark that looks unprotected.
That backs up with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their stats state that most burglarized houses do not use a home security. In fact, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be broken into than houses that are protected. And while displaying that your home has a system helps discourage forceful entry, other items -- like smart locks and a doorbell security cameras -- can also make your home undesirable to thieves.
Of course, ADT security systems can perform more than ring an siren. Nowadays you can add in some other services that make a security system safer and energy efficient.
24/7 Monitoring Is The Best Backup Plan
Does a home security system work in Charleston when they don’t have round-the-clock monitoring? Relying on a constant vigilance is always the best ideas and 24-hour monitoring from trained agents can ensure the authorities get there quicker after a tripped alarm.
Monitoring professionals are there to protect you day or night -- whether you are in the house or not. If you’re not on site to hear your system going off, the monitoring agents get a hold of you and the authorities after a tripped event occurs. Even when you’re home, you won't have to worry about contacting the authorities and make sure family and pets are all wrangled up.
Get The Same Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, and Medical
When you install your home security system, you have the option to install much more than motion detectors. devices like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be connected to your complete home defense. If an environmental emergency is sensed, your components will act just like your home security alarms. And when the high-decibel siren rings, your 24/7 monitoring team are pinged, and a text will be sent to your smartphone.
Or make use of a panic button, which is effortlessly connected to you or a loved one through a pendant, bracelet, or clip. If there is a fall risk or a serious medical condition, they can hit a two-finger button to contact the monitoring team.
Get Security, Responsiveness And Energy Savings With Home Automation
The best smart home alarms and cameras bring you a level of management and accessibility you’ve never had before. They will make your home more efficient and reactive. And when you pair home automation to your security system, they can also make your home more secure. For instance:
- Schedule your smart bulbs to make it appear that your home is full when you’re on vacation.
- Have your inside smart lights come on as your outdoor camera sees suspicious motion.
- Use geolocation to secure your locks, flip off your smart lights, and decrease the smart thermostat when you go to work.
- Make personalized scenes that can set your lights, smart thermostat, alarms, and other devices with a single hit of a button.
- Or just check on all your alarms and cameras and manage your devices through your security app.
Add that to the energy you’ll save with home automation, and you’ll see how much you can use a modern home security system in Charleston. You can even manage your components with your voice when you pair your home security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Maintain An Eye On Your Property With Modern Video Surveillance
Signs, decals, and outside lights are effective home invasion disincentives, but smart cameras will take your security to a higher plane. The last thing a burglar is looking for is to be caught on a video feed as the footage might be leveraged against them in a police investigation. You can install indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, all which allow you to see live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you want to see what’s the sound you heard outside? Would you like to say hi to the kids when they get home from school? Has your package you’ve been waiting for been delivered yet? All you have to do is to open the live feed from your home security app. You may also allow alerts on your smartphone whenever a delivery person rings the doorbell or your cameras sense sudden motion. You can then chat with guests with the two-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Find Your Security System In Charleston?
Want help to create a home security system that works in Charleston? Our ADT professionals can assist in building the best alarms, automation, and cameras that can be incorporated into one affordable plan. Call today at (843) 305-8663 or complete the form below.