Helpful Tips For Integrating Home Security Lighting In Charleston
Deterrence is a critical facet of home security, and one of the leading ways to keep burglars away from your house is by using lights. A nicely illuminated yard not only looks fantastic, it’s also much less likely to have break-ins. If you would like to enhance your home’s defense, check out these worthwhile suggestions for home security lighting in Charleston. We have some ideas for outside and inside illumination that will help your family.
Add Security And Appeal With Outdoor Lighting
The right type of outside lighting and well-placed outdoor cameras will go a long way in keeping prowlers away from your home. Utilize these Charleston outside lighting tips.
- Make sure access points are illuminated: Doors at the front and back of your house continue to be the most common spots for break-ins. Make sure those access points are well-lit but don’t forget your garage. While bright motion-activated floodlights are a popular choice in this area, it’s not your only strategy. As an alternative to blinding your neighbors every time wildlife runs by, consider using less intrusive lights that remain on during the night. Make no mistake, vivid, motion-activated floodlights may frighten off intruders, but having a well-placed light that remains on has a greater chance of keeping them out of your yard to begin with.
- Integrate versatile task lights: Those beautiful lights next to your paver walkway do more than help you see at night. They also permit you to see areas of your property you may not otherwise be able to from indoors.
- Add allure and security with accents: Not only for aesthetic reasons, accent lights are an effective way to illuminate locations that might otherwise serve as hiding spots. You can put accents in flower beds outside ground-floor windows, adjacent to retaining walls, or next to shrubbery and trees. These installations create a dramatic effect while enhancing your protection.
- Brighten the outer border: A layered lighting strategy should also include your perimeter. Illuminating your gates, fencing, and outer edges of your property will help discourage prowlers.
How To Boost Protection With Interior Lighting in Charleston
Home security lighting in Charleston incorporates more than just outside illumination. Your inside lights are important in boosting safety as well. Smart bulbs that incorporate into your home’s defense are valuable for various reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling capabilities: Put your lights on a schedule and make it seem like the house is occupied. This is an effective deterrent and a smart strategy if you’re away.
- Access from any location: If you leave on a family holiday but don’t remember to implement a schedule, you can still activate them through your useful smartphone app.
- Connecting to other security sensors: If the motion detector on your outside camera triggers, you could have an inside light switch on automatically. This functionality is an additional way to deter trespassers.
Discourage Intruders Even More With A Home Security System In Charleston From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Reinforce your strategically illuminated property with the ultimate in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our advanced home security systems in Charleston allow you to access, control, and automate all kinds of smart implements, including lighting. Call (843) 305-8663 today to customize a package for your home.