Today's home security solutions are becoming more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to forget to perform basic security chores like activating your a security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you no longer needed to remember doing these tasks in the future? When you implement geofencing in Charleston, you can simply drive off to work and let your system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Charleston For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you may customize within your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your cell phone to deduce when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components use to interact with each other. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by grouping all components onto a single network. You can then set up a virtual “fence” on all sides of your property and assign what actions you want to take place if you cross the boundary.
For example, as soon as you pull away from your premises, you can program your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the devices you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices including TVs or appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your home security system in Charleston. When you download the security app, you have the ability to do a lot with smart home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you can:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart components to engage at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific devices activate when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan if the CO detector goes off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light when your surveillance system detects unusual motion in the yard.
● Set a scene: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that function in concert with each other. Make your lights switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks engage when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with specific lighting and HVAC levels.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm if you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Charleston
Whether you desire extra reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (843) 305-8663 or complete the form on this page to start designing your optimal security system.