Security cameras can easily be installed as a deterrent—something that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras come equipped with a number of features all designed to enable comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way audio or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detection, these tools enable you to have the most from video surveillance in Charleston.
How To Set Up Your Charleston Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
Installing your security cameras at the perfect points around your residence is the right place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in frequented spots like the living room or family room. It’s also a smart notion to install a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to enter through to reach the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear view of your patio, driveway, front and yards, garage, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your front door with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas within your home that are less imperative to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your guests ought to be a primary regard prior to installing a security device in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Security Cameras
Camera placement is only the beginning in utilizing the utmost out of home security cameras in Charleston. The additions listed below help to optimize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get instant alerts on your mobile device the instant strange activity is sensed. You can also set cameras to begin filming when movements are discovered which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your home security cameras to capture footage and store clips for easy viewing later.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to chat with anyone via the camera. With ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re home or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view determines how much a security camera can see, and provides a more exhaustive view of an area. Opt for cameras that provide a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that can pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up video of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the opportunity to secure single spots within your house.. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to alert you of movement taking place on your yard or your patio and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera feeds, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send timely alerts when the sense unusual motion around your house.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Charleston is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security system can go from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (843) 305-8663 or submit the form below to begin customizing your security system today.