How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Charleston
You understand you have to safeguard your home. After all, it’s the place where your family lives and is where you keep your belongings. But what is the best form of home defense? Figuring out if you should use 24/7 monitoring is one of the chief decisions you need to make. Explore the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Charleston and see what’s ideal for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home’s defense bridges to a third-party monitoring service that is set to act at all times. When a door sensor triggers or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring specialists get a warning instantaneously. They quickly go to work to verify the alarm and send the appropriate first responders.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t include a backup team. You can consider this to be self-monitoring, which means that if an alarm sounds, you have to take action to resolve it. This choice is the cheaper alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Charleston
Here’s a brief overview of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always wise. If you are on vacation, sleeping, or without access to your smartphone, your residence and those inside will still be safeguarded.
- Faster response: Monitoring professionals are always ready. They’ll respond quicker to emergencies than you can by yourself.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security could make you eligible for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Top-of-the-line equipment and flawless integration: By getting tools, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security specialist, you will enjoy a fully connected system with devices that may be superior to what you will discover independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Numerous residents prefer to have the job completed by skilled experts, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract as part of your package. This will be agreeable for many as home security is something you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Charleston
Here’s a quick overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: Do-it-yourselfers may consider this a pro as they can do the installation themselves and not have an installation fee. Others might want to go with a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You may install components when you want - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you could find integrating into a cohesive system more challenging.
- Control: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, it’s up to you to get support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’ve misplaced your cell phone and don’t receive a security warning? This situation will lead to added stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: Since you are the sole person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you require help during an installation, you may have to hire a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to take more time.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Charleston
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Charleston from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the best option for you. Contact (843) 305-8663 today to get started.