It wasn’t that long ago when wired devices were your only option when designing a home security system. You didn’t have the option of putting a and indoor camera on a desk or governing your implements with a smartphone. With that being said, home security has changed dramatically over the years, due in large part to the emergence of wireless installations. You currently have a range of additional perks to experience -- like remote access, seamless smart devices, and quicker installations. Wireless home security systems in Charleston will protect your home while adding convenience to your life.
Important Considerations When Switching To Wireless
Arguably the most important facet of wireless home security can be summed up in these two words - internet connection. If you have reliable high-speed internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re in a good position for a wireless installation.
If you’re worried about power or internet outages, search for systems that have battery and cellular backups in place to keep you connected to your monitoring team indefinitely.
If you live in a rural setting without reliable internet or cellular coverage, a wired system will in all probability be a wiser option. Or It may also make more sense from a monetary perspective to opt for the traditional route if you relocate to a house that already has wiring installed.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Charleston will elevate your property’s protection, which is the main goal to start with. But, if you prefer the possibility of using the most advanced features, review the benefits of wireless:
- Access from any location: Gain access to all the components in your house from your locking systems to your security cameras right from the palm of your hand with the ADT Control app. You have the ability to check footage from cameras, activate your smart lights, and even turn on your alarm if you didn’t remember to do so. Whenever an emergency does occur, you may have alerts sent right to your smartphone.
- Easy installation and customizing: You won’t have to concern yourself with all the messy wiring, damage to drywall, and long installations. The great thing about wireless components is that you are able to place them virtually anywhere and in less time. If you want to customize later with the latest equipment, incorporating devices into your network is not complicated.
- Communications between devices: Wireless technology makes smart home interactions possible with quick, bi-directional communications. You can set your devices to take action in certain situations to enhance your security and dissuade home invasions. For instance, if your outdoor camera discovers unusual disturbances along your home’s perimeter, it is able to automatically signal your entryway lights to engage.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Charleston
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Charleston have shown to be dependable, it’s only natural if you have a few reservations about utilizing one. The following are a handful of the most prevalent sources of concern:
- Battery-run wireless components could run out of power. While this might be true, your smart components will notify you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors generally need to be placed within a set distance from your central command hub. ADT can provide range extenders in various scenarios to enhance your versatility.
- Similar to other computer networks, the threat of hacking is relevant. You can take action to prevent this by using strong passwords, never using default settings, and selecting a router with a built-in firewall. In addition, you should only install security elements with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Specialists
Would you like to take advantage of Charleston wireless home security? Call (843) 305-8663 to consult with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will assist you in designing the most suitable package for your property.