Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Charleston? Generally, you should consider three major regions of your residence for video protection: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. While your installation team can suggest where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Protect Your Front Entryway
Although you might find it unlikely that a burglar would try to casually walk in your home’s main entryway, 34% of invasions take place near this passageway. You can also count delivery bandits among other threats to deal with. Doorbell surveillance is ideal to tackle these types of possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are even more beneficial as you can converse with all guests who come and engage the doorbell. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you may respond to each instance with 2-way talk and real-time footage and give the impression you’re on site. In the event a person does try to do something questionable, you can have your video surveillance automatically document the event on video and transmit it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your External Surveillance System
Determining where to place home security cameras outside your residence can be a daunting assignment. Fortunately, there are some useful tips to make sure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- Corners of your Charleston home provide a large field-of-view, seeing two segments of your exterior.
- Just below an overhang or into a bit of trim or siding are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be partly obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is an easier access point for burglars than you may know!
- Above a patio or sliding door -- or any doorway not visible from the sidewalk.
To make sure these locations are successful, be sure to prune any brush and branches that may block the camera’s view.
Recommendations To Get The Most From Your Interior Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your property in Charleston. But the additional flexibility results in there being additional aspects to contemplate:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Even though you should make sure your windows are down and latched, the sunlight from a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your surveillance footage. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to circumvent this issue.
- Utilize Height: Just like a watchtower, a video camera located in an elevated area will have a wider field of vision. Try placing your cameras on top of bookshelves or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera won’t have the chance to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Place your security cameras in a spot where little ones and house pets aren’t able to mess with them. Consider mounting or another means to secure them to make sure they don’t fall if mistakenly jostled.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top security camera won’t do much good if you’ve got a houseplant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items can also serve as a means to cloak your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Dial (843) 305-8663 or fill out the form on this page to start your project.